Volunteer Opportunities in Staten Island, NY
Thank you for your interest in becoming a RUMC volunteer. Please fill out the form below and you will receive instructions within a week. The entire process, after you fill out the form, takes about three weeks. Volunteer Phone Number: 718-818-2895
This program application process will open when the local high schools have been notified. Please see your guidance counselor this will usually happen by March 10, 2017.
For teens considering a career in health care or medicine, Richmond University Medical Center affords a great way to learn what it takes through the Teen Leadership Program. The Teen Leadership Program is run by the Nursing Education Department. The goal is to provide a learning experience, all while having fun.
The teens have an opportunity to explore a variety of health care careers through presentations, hands on experiences and touring the hospital. Health Care Professionals from various areas of the hospital provide presentations specific to their area of work. This enables the teens to learn about preparing for a specific career, the educational requirements, the salary ranges, and the benefits and rewards of the position. In addition, time is provided for hands-on activities designed to familiarize the students with a specific aspect of medicine. This helps a teen decide if health care may fit into their future.
This program allows students to:
• Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
• Learn Family and Friends Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Demonstrate an increased awareness of health related issues for teens.
• To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.
• Students ages 16-18 entering into either junior or senior year of high school in September who are interested in health care careers are eligible to join Richmond University Medical Center's Teen Leadership Program.
• In order to join Teen Leadership, students MUST attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session June 30th, 9am- 12:30PM in the Sipp Auditorium.
This program will be held for 7 weeks July 5th- August 18, 2016. Program starts 8am-12:30pm every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday except orientation week. June 30th will be orientation which is mandatory from 9am- 12:30PM.
Application HAS BEEN REMOVED SUMMER 2016 PROGRAM HAS BEEN FILLED.
Consent form HAS BEEN REMOVED SUMMER 2016 PROGRAM HAS BEEN FILLED.
After acceptance please use this Medical Clearance Form with your private MD. You will be given an appointment with RUMC's health services for hospital clearance once cleared by private MD.